Re: howto drop a corrupt database ?

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:18:11 GMT

"Joel Garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message news:91884734.0311131344.7434b523_at_posting.google.com... --snip--
> Gawd, that's worse. Understand now why the MS crowd top-posts? NOT
> that I'm advocating it, it just explains a lot. And what was with
> Anurag's post in this thread, I could barely decipher it?
>
> Can't you go into Tools --> Options --> E-Mail Options --> When
> Replying To A Message --> Prefix Each Line Of Original Message and set
> the Prefix each line with: to > ? I dunno, I never post with it, but
> I thought the email was the same on purpose. Of course, when I use
> that email, I piss people off who don't use outlook because I like to
> use HTML with that bizarro old Boomerang stationery that looks so much
> like my kitchen counter where I th^H^Hgrew up.
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus. I hate supporting things I don't like but am
> forced to use. Like most MS software.

I think you are talking about my rely in HTML to Daniels HTML post. I'll admit, I was lazy in not replying in text format.

However, I guess in future the following settings should solve the issue for me .. and maybe Howard?

In your Outlook options:
Click on the Read Tab and set "Read all messages in plain text" and then on the Send Tab UNSET "Reply to messages in the format they were sent"

.. and going back to OMF. It was my mistake to mention OMF. I'm more used to using just the drop tablespace <tablespacename>; variation and then cleaning up the datafiles, that I did not remember/realize that the additional clause is there which cleans up after itself.

Thus I interpolated and thought OMF would be a requirement to a drop database command.

My apologies.

Anurag Received on Thu Nov 13 2003 - 18:18:11 CST