clntsh.o non-existant on AIX ?

From: Gerold Krommer <g.krommer_at_doremove.fns.co.at>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:08:28 +0100

Hi all,

I just did an test upgrade on an AIX server going first from AIX 4.3.2 and Oracle 8.0.6 to AIX 5.1 ML4 and Oracle 8.1.7, did the upgrade and then applied 8.1.7.4. As such it came up fine, but our apps complained about clntsh.o being missing, which was true. They also weren't in libclntsh.a.

Then I did a genclntsh which was also unsuccesful in creating a clntsh.o. Then I did a relink all (which presumably also does a genclntsh) and it still wasn't there.
Finally I copied it from another system and it worked. Since I'm doing the real upgrade tomorrow I'm feeling a bit uneasy about this, though I have a 'workaround'.

Google had nothing mathing. Any ideas ?

Thanks,

/Gerold Received on Thu Nov 13 2003 - 14:08:28 CST