Re: FULL JOIN syntax vs (+)

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pl>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:06:15 -0000

Użytkownik "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> napisał w wiadomości news:bou7gl$d7c$1$830fa78d_at_news.demon.co.uk...

> I think this is the correct starting point:
>

> select {list of column}
> from
> a, b
> where
> b.id(+) = a.id -- preserve A
> union all
> select {list of columns}
> from
> b,1
> where
> a.id(+) = b.id -- preserve B
> and a.id is null -- discard inner join result
> ;

::You sure that 'union all' doesn't duplicate rows in query results when a.id = b.id ???
:: I prefer simple 'union' in this example

Ok, i found that by myself. ' and a.id is null ' may be skipped but then need to use union instead of union all,
and that's less efective solution.
Beg a pardon.
Somtimes is good to speak with myself ..., at least with someone who is as inteligent as i. :-D
Bad day, much oracle work to do...

--
Noel