Re: How to PERMANENTLY set semaphores in Linux - Suse Personal Edition 8.2?

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:14:34 +0100

linuxquestion_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> In Solaris, this was easy. Edit the file:
> /etc/system
> and reboot. The values stayed there forever.
>
> But how to do this in Suse, and make it stick?
>
> I don't want to put this in some script, so they
> get changed while booting, and add yet another
> layer of complexity.

First of all, please do not crosspost anymore. Crossposting is *evil*, you know.

Second, you may want to download and install the package "orarun", available at:

http://www.suse.com/en/business/certifications/certified_software/oracle/software.html

This is a nice package from SuSE that sets the right environment for Oracle and starts/stops it automatically at system boot.

Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com)

"Poveri fanatici comunisti, noglobal e affetti dalla sindrome
anti-microsoft" (gli utenti Linux secondo un poster di ICOD)