Re: howto drop a corrupt database ?

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:59:17 +0000

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:25:07 +1100, "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote:

>I wrote that comment (and didn't see Daniel's original reply, either). Many
>(but not all) of Daniel's postings appear as HTML documents in my newsreader
>(currently back to Outlook, not outlook express).
>
>But an apology is in order to Daniel, since I believe him when he says it's
>not him to blame but (as you point out) my newsreader is.

 Many of Daniel's posts over the past couple of months DID have have an HTML version attached (the posts were 'Content-Type: multipart/alternative;' with a text/plain and a text/html part - which is at least better than HTML-only posts) - his newsreader was attaching them (the HTML source has bits in it that indicate it was generated by a variant of Netscape which he says he uses). His last few posts have been plain text only though.

 What depends on your newsreader is which of the two alternative formats it picks when you read or reply.

--
Andy Hassall (andy@andyh.co.uk) icq(5747695) (http://www.andyh.co.uk)
Space: disk usage analysis tool (http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space)