How do I ensure order of rows loaded by SQL Loader?

From: Puneet <puneet.bansal_at_wipro.com>
Date: 12 Nov 2003 21:27:20 -0800

Hi everybody !

    I am loading a CSV file into Oracle 8i table using SQL Loader utility. The data is in such a format that the order of the records is of paramount importance. But when I retrieve the data from the table it can be in any order, isn't it?

My doubts are:
Does SQL Loader always load the records in the same order as that of the data file?

If yes then how can I ensure that when I retrive the records they are always in the same order as the one specified in CSV file? (The table is just a temp table and it doesn't have any primary key or any column I can order by.) Will 'order by rowid' solve the problem?

Thanks for your time and help.

Puneet Received on Wed Nov 12 2003 - 23:27:20 CST