Re: Jobs stills executed after OEM crash

From: Robert <_at_tref.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:43:25 +0100

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> "Robert" <cookie - remove - @tref.nl> wrote in message

>> Ed Stevens wrote:

>> > As an aside to your question, which others have answered correctly  .
>> > . .
>> >
>> > Most of us don't like losing *any*  files related to the db.  Is this
>> > the only backup you're doing?
>> >

>> > <snip>
>>

>> LOL : No of course not.
>> We do a cold backup every night (datafiles, controlfiles, pfile, etc)
>> Every first saterday of the month we do a total OS image of the machine.
>> It's just that if something gets screwed in the controlfile dept (i know

> we
>> have tapes for at least 14 days with controlfiles ) i like to have a
>> backuped controlfile. It may be overprotection but hey, better be safe

> then
>> sorry. It's only 1 minute execution and a file of aprox. 5M.
>>
>> But thanks for your care !!
>>
>> I saw the job.q file and suspected this file to be the local job queue.
>> It a binary file so i couldn't read / edit it.
>>
>> Do you know if i can safely delete this file without crashing the
>> intelligent agent?

> No you can't.
>
> If you try deleting it, you'll get a 'sharing violation' error in Windows,
> meaning the file is in use and can't be deleted at all.
>
> If you stop the agent, delete the file, and then re-start the agent, that
> will work fine.
>
> Regards
> HJR
Thanks,

I'll try that one.

But now for something else : Can i tell my newly installed OEM to make a run past all my nodes and pickup the allready definded jobs there and add them to the registerd job list ?

(i think the answer is NO, but maybe someone knows a nifty way to do this )

Cheers

Robert Received on Wed Nov 12 2003 - 15:43:25 CST