Re: 8.1.7.4.12 patch installation

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:50:57 +0100

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:42:33 -0600, Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow> wrote:

>First, I wonder why you are copying files manually. The installer
>should do that for you.

The installer can't be used, as there is no .jar file, just a bunch of dlls, and instructions to copy them manually.  I ended up assembling a .cmd file.
Mind you the .12 patch is definitely not the only patch that is delivered in this fashion. Oracle seems to consistently cut down on quality and sound procedures.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA