Jobs stills executed after OEM crash

From: Robert <_at_tref.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:29:21 +0100

Hi there,

I have an 8.1.7 DB running on NT4
We use OEM from 9.0.2 on a W2k box.

I have created a job which calls a .cmd file on the db server once at night. This script logs on to the DB and does a "backup controlfile to trace" Afterwards the backup controlfile is copied to another machine.

I don't like loosing my controlfiles so it is to be safe.

But a week or two ago my OEM server crashed. We were trying OEM so it ran on a "older" server. We liked OEM and we decided to buy ourselfs new hardware and install OEM from scratch. This takes a couple of day to do right (and installing it on Linux this time :-))

So for 5 days the DB did not have contact with the OEM server. We saw that the script was still executed every night

I thought that it had to have contact with the repository to do that ?? Guess not, it has to store jobs loccally !!

My question is: Where does a server (the intelligent agent i guess) store the job definitions ??
And can i edit them without using OEM ??

Cheers,

Robert Received on Wed Nov 12 2003 - 13:29:21 CST