Re: plsql trigger ddl extraction

From: Charles J. Fisher <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 02:02:42 GMT

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, KevJohnP wrote:

> For info, from 9i onwards you can get DDL using the DBMS_METADATA
> package, example as follows;
> SELECT dbms_metadata.get_ddl('TRIGGER','MYTRIGGER','MYSCHEMA')
> FROM dual

That's no good; this needs to work in Oracle versions 7 and 8 (7's lack of ALTER TABLE MOVE is a major motivator for some of this).

   / Charles J. Fisher   | "Have I done an unselfish thing? Well then, I    /
  /  cfisher_at_rhadmin.org |  have my reward. Keep this thought ever         /
 /   http://rhadmin.org  |  present, and persevere."  -Marcus Aurelius    /