Re: RMAN Compession (Again)

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2003 07:05:35 -0800

> Why continue riding a T-Ford, when you have a free Rolls-Royce (Rman)
> delivered to your door.
> One day you will regret you didn't use RMAN. That day however it will
> be too late.

I may have missed it in an earlier post, but, why don't you write directly to tape and skip the compression? If you have Veritas NB or Legato, you should be able to turn compression on for writing to tape.  Write to tape directly instead of backing up to Disk and then backing up that backup to tape. Seems a little convulted to me.

HTH,
Pete's Received on Tue Nov 11 2003 - 09:05:35 CST