9iAS Infrastructure and Unified Messaging on two different machines

From: Alex NSB <alexnsb_at_tin.it>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:34:21 +0100

Hi all.

I have installed Oracle 9iAS 9.0.2.0.1 on two PCs running Linux RedHat Advanced Server 2.1.

On the first box I put the Infrastructure, on the second Unified Messaging (properly pointing to Infrastructure for SSO).

Installation was quite smooth: only one problem with Unified install when Net Config Assistant froze (I canceled and retried - successfully - after all other components).

I was then able to access all components on both instances with my browser.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to restart the unified components after reboot (no problems with Infrastructure, though): all the instructions for manual startup of 9iAS at Oracle seem to refer to a single box install.

Anyone can tell me what are the steps necessary to start the Unified instance when Infrastructure is running on another machine?

TIA for your help.

Alessandro Received on Tue Nov 11 2003 - 06:34:21 CST