Re: Why don't we have a charter (was: New Oracle monitoring tool ...)

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:57:16 GMT

"Jaap W. van Dijk" wrote:

> My suggestion: why isn't there a charter with aims of the newsgroup
> and behavioural rules that is posted regularly in the newsgroup (once
> a day, once a week?) like I have seen in other newsgroups?
>
> Jaap.

Ummmmmm - there is a charter. it's been around for a loooooong time. The vote to create the 5 groups cdo/cdo.{tools misc server marketplace} took place December 1996. Prior to that there was a published charter for cdo [comp.database.oracle].

To find the charter and the aims of the groups, all a person really has to do is use a search engine and enter 'comp.databases.oracle charter' to get the first part of your request answered. (Is it really necessary to post it regularily?)

As far as posting behaviour suggestions, I really don't think this newsgroup wants behaviour any different than any other newsgroup. That means the standard 'Emily Post' stuff is valid - again, anyone could use a search engine and enter 'newsgroup etiquette' and get the answer. (If we start posting the netiquette, I'm sure we'll get into the top/bottom post wars - again!)

I really don't understand why we would need to post that information regularly. Is internet searching really all that complicated that people can't do it on their own?

/Hans Received on Mon Nov 10 2003 - 23:57:16 CST