Re: rebuild primary key indexes on multimaster replication

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:08:31 GMT

"rpr" <r_p_renu_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4db90929.0311101240.59fb31b0_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
> Is there any issue if I rebuild primary keys when I have multi
> master replication running based on those primary keys. Do I have to
> queisce. The reason to rebuild is to save reclaim space, improve
> performance (maybe) and move some of them to another tablespace.
> Thank You.

Apart from what Daniel has said. I do not know the precise answer, but in Replication you need to test test test .. before going ahead and doing such a thing in production.

I do not think you need to quiesce the group to perform an index rebuild especially if you have not submitted the index via replication API's. However, like I said .. test .. and preferably ask Oracle Support. I've usually had the experience that they lean towards suggesting a quiesce even when it might not be necessary.

Anurag Received on Mon Nov 10 2003 - 15:08:31 CST