Running UNICODE scripts

From: Carlos <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net>
Date: 10 Nov 2003 08:35:32 -0800

So we finally did it!
We moved from 8.1.6 WE8ISO8859P1 to a brand new 9iR2 AL32UTF8 Unicode Database.
Also, after some headaches, we've been able to populate the tables and set up the sqlplus to see asian unicode characters. We managed to load unicode data with sqlldr too... ...but still no ideas about running unicode scripts from sqlplus (with @, @@ or 'start' command) with asian unicode characters within. It seems the sqlplus buffer does not read well these files, and I cannot seem to get things go right. I tried almost all possible combinations for NLS_LANG environment variable with no luck at all. I also tried different unicode encodings for the file: same result.

Any suggestions, Sirs?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Spain. Received on Mon Nov 10 2003 - 10:35:32 CST