Re: How to identify whether or not client session get ORA-1652 of TEMP in RAC.

From: wangbin <wangbin_at_start.com.au>
Date: 9 Nov 2003 20:39:07 -0800

> Can you elaborate on reassignment in RAC causing ORA-1652 (unable to
> extend temp segment by string in tablespace ...)?
Not sure what you mean by elaborate. I did a little test. In test env, on node1 I run the following query. I can see objects on temp go to node1.
select do1.OBJECT_ID, do1.*,do2.*
from dba_objects do1,
dba_objects do2
order by 1 ;
Then I run the same query on node 2. While it's running, I can see heaps of errors in alert.log. However, the query is still running and I didn't get any error from sqlplus.
Mon Nov 10 13:53:32 2003

ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace
      TEMP
Mon Nov 10 13:53:57 2003
ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace
      TEMP
Mon Nov 10 13:54:21 2003
ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace
      TEMP

>Once we know the
> difference between that and the ORA-1652 experienced by the > users, we
> can help you.

I suppose that all I need to know is what is "The difference".

Thanks,
Bin Received on Sun Nov 09 2003 - 22:39:07 CST