Re: Performance DB-Link

From: Tanel Poder <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 02:13:53 +0200

Hi!

Try to keep amount of data transferred over network as small as possible. If you need data from remote database, query it in few big sets instead several small ones.
Use views for pre-joining remote tables. Put SDU (session transfer unit) to max value in sqlnet.ora. Tune network MTU (maximum transfer unit in TCP) to max value (about 8k if using ethernet jumbo frames for example).

Tanel.