Re: query tuning

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 14:19:37 +0100

On 6 Nov 2003 15:55:47 -0800, renu_p_r_at_yahoo.com (rpr) wrote:

>Hello,
> Is there init param setting that will help me identify queries doing
>full table scans. Is there a way to filter these. say by tables. For
>example full table scan on small tables is fine. Thanks

No version, as usual. Typing 5 digits and 3 dots is very demanding. In Oracle 8i you can identify them using v$session_longops, in Oracle 9i using v$sql_plan. You could easily find out FTS going on on a table space by comparing the number of blocks read to the number of reads. If there is a ratio nearing db_file_multiblock_read_count, you have FTS. Besides FTS is already tracked in the system statistics.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA