Re: install oracle client 9.2, asp

From: Dave Hau <davehau-no-spam-123_at_no-spam.netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 19:25:37 GMT

Log in as the user that you're running IIS under. Then go to the data source administrator, manually create a dsn for the Oracle server and user that you're trying to access. Test the data source and make sure it works. This tells you that security wise, the IIS user can connect to the Oracle server using your connection string. If this works, then you can go back to your ASP code to do it in a dsn-less way if you prefer.

If it still does not work, try updating your MDAC to the latest version at:

http://www.microsoft.com/data

Also, update your IIS by updating to the latest Windows service pack.

HTH,
Dave