Re: Help interpreting TKPROF output

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:18:16 +0100

On 7 Nov 2003 12:54:25 -0800, danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com (Daniel Roy) wrote:

>Anyone has an idea as to what might be wrong? Or is there any other
>tool (besides TKPROF) that they might use to better tune this
>statement?

1 The datamodel
2 The datamodel
3 The datamodel

The statement shows they are outer-joining about everything, so what would you expect?
The best tool to tune this statement is an open window: take the statement and throw it out, and Siebel with it. I don't think anything can be done about the execution path, or you should provide full information on all the indexes on all the tables. Apart from throwing the app out of the window, your best bet is to throw more iron at the problem.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA