Oracle can ONLY be connected with Oralce client

From: scottiecheng <member44051_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 02:50:35 -0500

I got a problem.

We have a Oracle 8.1.6 running on Tru64 Unix platform. Before today it works fine, I can manipulate data via sqlplus, ODBC, and JDBC.

But after I reboot the system yesterday night, I can't connect by ODBC/JDBC, but only can connect by Oracle Client (with tools such as sqlplus, sql navigator ...)

I remember all I did before the reboot and previous reboot is do some modification with TNSNAMES.ORA file. I don't know what's going wrong with the Oracle, why it suddenly only can connect by Oracle Client instead of ODBC and JDBC ?

Does anyone have any idea with this weird situation ? How do I do to diagnose this problem ? Please give me some advices.

Thanks for any help...

Scottie.