Episode 2: the EntMgr Green Light!!

From: Domenic G. <domenicg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2003 18:12:19 -0800

Here is another episode of a typical day for me as a DBA ...

Boss: I got a call from Mary that the database is down. Me: Hold on while I check ...
Me: Just a sec while I open a cmd prompt ... sqlplus "/ as sysdba" .... Boss: Don't do that! -- go check the green light in OEM! Me: That's for babies.
Boss: That is our documented procedure. Me: But it's faster for me this way.
Boss: Please follow our documented procedure. Me: FUMING

Two hours later ...

Boss: What are you working on?
Me: Looking through index_stats to see if any indexes need rebuilding. Boss: Check with the vendor first to see if they allow that. Me: Don't worry, it's just normal routine DBA stuff. Boss: Still, please check.
Me: Don't worry, it won't affect functionality -- they won't care either way. Boss: Still, please check.

Time to look for a new job -- this is a romper room Oracle shop Dom. Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 20:12:19 CST