Oracle 8.1.7 JVM install

From: AK <ak_at_ak.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:06:40 GMT

Hi,

I've recently had to take over responsibility for a number of Oracle databases, and armed with a week of training from a certain member of this list :) I'm embarking on solving my first little problematic issue...

I need to set up the local JVM in Oracle. Currently, the databases I manage have a 'half baked' installation, done by my predecessor (who was way overworked and probably just didnt have time to fix it). To start with a clean slate, I ran rmjvm.sql as the sys user (connect sys) from svrmgrl. This was after reading articles 105472.1 on Metalink and also reading through some of Tom Kyte's website. The rmjvm.sql script seems to have done its thing, in removing all java objects, so I ran the initjvm.sql script. This init script threw the following error:

ORA-29541: class SYS.oracle/aurora/rdbms/security/PolicyTableManager could not be resolved

So, if the script cannot find a class, does this mean that the CLASSPATH   environment variable is not set up right? I'm unsure how to work what this CLASSPATH ought to be.

All docs I have read simply say to run initjvm.sql and then go home. I did that, and it didnt work... so I logged a TAR on Metalink and went to the pub. Its been a while since then, and I haven't heard back from a Metalink analyst.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

-Abhinav Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 16:06:40 CST