Re: capture oracle pwd change in 3rd party application. help needed

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:46:08 -0800

Lasher wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have clients using an application that allows users to change their
>passwords. The application uses the 'ALTER USER xxx IDENTIFIED
>BY.....' command. What I need to do is use Oracle to capture the
>username and password and send the info to another Oracle instance on
>a different server and update that users password.
>
>Basically I need to keep the user's password in sync between two
>different databases.
>
>I also cannot change the application in anyway and therefore need to
>do this from the Oracle side.
>
>Any ideas would be great.........

Go to $ORACLE_HOME/rdmbs/admin
Look at the file utlpwdmg.sql

If you have any business doing this you will be able to fill in the rest of the picture.

Personally I agree with Pete. This is nonsense and worse than nonsense a huge violation
of any reasonable definition of system security. The OEM should fix the problem. And
my advise to you would be not to do this. That it can be done doesn't mean that it should
be done. The entire idea stinks.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu