Re: ORA-27101: Shared Memory Does Not Exist

From: Alkos <azerty_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:01:03 +0100

"Keith A. Jakubowski" <kjakubowsk_at_aol.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3FA929A5.2309_at_aol.com...
> Can anyone help me?
>
> I am currently working towards the 2nd certification exam and I am now
> having a problem. I have been using Oracle 8i and I just recently
> upgraded to Oracle 9i. The Oracle 9i installation was successful and my
> database converted over fine. After the installation I was able to use
> SQL*Plus and everything was fine. I was able to log in and was able to
> access all of my tables. However, I rebooted my PC today (first time
> since the installation) and I am now getting the following error when
> trying to log on to SQL*Plus:
>
> ORA-01034: Oracle not available
> ORA-27101: Shared memory does not exist
>
> I can't log in and I can't figure out how to fix this. Does anyone have
> any suggestions?
>
> My PC specs are:
>
> Gateway Laptop
> OS: Windows XP Home
> Processor: P4 2.00 GHz
> Memory: 256 MB RAM
>
> Thanks.
>
> Keith

Check ORACLE_HOME env var.
I got the same problem with Solaris because of multiple ORACLE_HOMEs. If ORACLE_HOME is empty, value it.
If not, check if its value is meaningful If you keep getting this mess, I suggest you (because you're running with MZoft) to coldbackup your DB
and reinstall Oracle.

Alkos Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 05:01:03 CST