Re: DB backup 9.2.0.4 , rman and arcserve

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 21:47:08 -0800

Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> wrote in message news:<3FA9695B.C637DFB4_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>...
> > It's only disk space.
> >
> > And as we all know (everyone can join in the chorus at this point)
> >
> > "Diskspace is cheap".
>
> It sure is. However...tried to purchase 10TB lately? It aint that
> cheap!!!! LOL.
>
> > (Seriously: of course when you get to the multi-hundred Gigabyte sized
> > database, you have little choice. I like the robot arms that will load the
> > tapes for me, too!!).
>
> And that's what we did. Coupled RMAN with our existing, in-house Legato
> managed, automated tape library silo. Just had to spend $6K for the
> Legato Module that lets RMAN talk to Legato, and vice versa. Much
> cheaper than buying disk!
>
> Cheers,
> Brian

Brian,

I hate to ask, but - how long is a full restore of rman level 0, plus whatever incrementals and the archived logs - of your worst case scenario?

Are you sure that NAS over gigabit wouldn't supply a lower mean time to recovery?

How much is a lower MTTR worth, anyways?

Paul Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 23:47:08 CST