Re: 9ias Reports

From: KevJohnP <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:15:13 +1300

Hi Vijays

To run Reports Server in production you do require 9iAS. Furthermore Oracle have not split out Forms/Reports as a seperate option for 9iAS (as they have done with the cheaper 9iAS java option). This is a big bone of contention as a lot of people want them to (they ran a deal a couple of months ago where they did but I believe this is now closed).

So AFAIK for now you need to license the full 9iAS Enterprise Edition.

Check out the Reports Forum on technet for the latest.

As an aside, if you do have to license full Enterprise Edition 9iAS then you also have the option of Oracle Discoverer for reporting.