Can't install Oracle 9i ... why?

From: Leonardo Hyppolito <leohyppolito_at_uol.com.br>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 16:17:19 -0800

Hello,

I am trying to install Oracle that I downloaded from the official website (learning purpose). The problem is that, when I click on
'setup.exe' from disk1, it loads the CD for some seconds, then nothing
more happens.

The Oracle version is 9i R2 (9.2.0.1.0). Total of 3 disks. I burned each disk to CD-ROM.

(I also tried to copy the contents of disk1 to the HD and clicked
'setup.exe', but again, nothing happened).

My system:
Windows XP Professional, Sp1 with all the Windows Updates (US version).
Athlon XP 1800+, 512 RAM, 25gb free of disk space

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 18:17:19 CST