how to free memory in Pro*C

From: Moon~ <whmoon_at_kynax.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:25:01 +0900

Hi..
I¡¯m coding some kind of multi-thread program in Oracle9i/Solaris by Pro*C. The structure of that program is to alloc memory in thread but I don¡¯t think that the function of ¡®free()¡¯ works after termination of a thread. That is, unfortunately the increasing memory could have been stopped after free().
In addition, when defining sql_context, ¡°EXEC SQL ENABLE THREADS;¡± cannot help to free memory but the memory can be returned without ¡°EXEC SQL ENABLE THREADS;¡± EXEC SQL ENABLE THREADS; EXEC SQL CONTEXT ALLOCATE :context_var;

EXEC SQL CONTEXT USE :context_var;

EXEC SQL CONTEXT FREE :context_var;

Could you please tell me the way to solve this problem Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 03:25:01 CST