exec STATSPACK.SNAP renders ORA-03113

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 00:38:32 +0100

Hello

I have run the following for a basic Statspack setup:
@?/rdbms/admin/spcreate
@?/rdbms/admin/spauto

Everything went well, but after two or three days, no more Snapshots were made or were made sporadically. I discovered a hanging perfstat session and killed it. After sometime Oracle began to produce core dumps every couple of minutes! The alert log was saying something about "address not mapped to object". I discovered that all this trouble was caused by Statspack. So I removed the hourly job, used
@?/rdbms/admin/spdrop

to remove the whole perfstat schema, and the errors disappeared. Then I rebuilt the perfstat schema again. Same problems with crashes, although installation itself was correct.

If I try
exec statspack.snap;
I get an error:
ORA-03113 End-of-file on communication channel and at times, the sqlplus itself crashes (the window disappears). I already restarted the instance, problem remains.

This is all running Oracle 8.1.7.0. There is another instance on the same server (Sun E3500, Solaris 2.7) using the same version of Oracle where Statspack works like a charm.

Default TS of perfstat is TOOLS, temp TS is TEMP. There is enough space in TOOLS.

Any idea?

Rick Denoire Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 17:38:32 CST