Re: NOARCHIVELOG and rollback segments

From: John <jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 14:57:11 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<3fa94dae$0$3787$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...

> > 2. Can a transaction span more than one rollback segment?
>
> No. If it starts in one rollback segment, it must finish in that rollback
> segment. In 9i, with "undo segments" (which are just rollback segments with
> a different name) that's modified slightly because one segment can 'steal
> extents' from another, and so a transaction can indeed appear to cross
> between segments. But that's uniquely 9i.

Thanks, Howard. Speaking of 9i AUM, are you aware of anything problmes associated with it? It's been around for more than a couple of years, I would assume most of the kinks would have been fixed by now. What do you think of the old dictionary views like v$rollsats and dba_rollback_segs? Some of the stuff in there do not make much sense anymore. 'Optimal' for example.

John Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 16:57:11 CST