Re: A typical day for me, as a DBA ...

From: Frank <mjoco1952_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 14:50:33 -0800

I happen to agree with the level of buffoonery of the person being discussed; but, let's be fair and realize that the "Peter Principle" is always alive and well in all IT professions. Also, many IT managers are nothing more than glorified cheerleaders. They may have all the certifications in the world; but, it's just test scores. It doesn't mean they know how to apply anything they may have picked up. They've never had to be "in the trenches".

Perhaps it is we who are stupid in expecting anything more than average performance from most CIO's/Directors/ even managers?

I don't know. All I really know is that I can believe all of the above; but, never achieve the patient restraint of dealing with them. I always get just as frustrated with the next stupid executive decision that comes along as I did with all of the others....

Who I really feel sorry for are the vendors who have to deal with such dumbells. It's gotta be tough... Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 16:50:33 CST