Re: Oracle eats up memory

From: Poh <pohtl_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 06:47:46 +0800

It is possible that the connections at the client were not closed. Please forgive my ignorance as I a newbie to programming with ADO and Oracle. I am taking over as the administrator and programmer have both left. Does ADO releases the connection only by closing the connection? I see that one of my clients have the connections that are closed
only when the threads exit.

I am not upgrading to 8.1.7 as I has just took over the system and I am not sure
what are the implications of upgrading to 8.1.7. Are there any new bugs in 8.1.7 that does not exist in 8.1.5.? Can I use the current odbc driver for my client
after the upgrade? Is there any site that I can find answers to all these? Thanks.

Poh