Re: 9ias Reports

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 14:37:17 -0800

srinivasanvijay_2000_at_yahoo.com (Vijays) wrote in message news:<fe3d44d1.0311042104.2d45be30_at_posting.google.com>...
> the front end is : JSP
> middle tier : websphere
> backend : 9ir2
>
> Since i know the kind of restrictions in crystal reports , business objects i
> strongly recommended using ORACLE REPORTS.
>
> My client is asking me, do i have to buy an Oracle 9ias just for Oracle
> Reports ? (he uses Websphere app server otherwise)
>
> Can i buy just Reports Server only !!!
>
> Vj

I dunno, but I can see why you would be concerned: http://otn.oracle.com/products/reports/htdocs/reports_faq.htm#SECURITY1

And the next question becomes "Do I need to run the allegedly optional Webcache for Portal to run?" which of course is "yes."

On the other hand, people say it ain't necessary: http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=98c7a1cd64681883&rnum=5 Maybe it was true, but is no longer in R2?

But can you buy it separately? Ask your friendly Oracle rep. I would guess no.

And see http://www.vesterli.com

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.