SGA sizing in Very Large Memory 6 GB

From: Wade Chy <wchy65_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 14:00:38 -0800

Hi All,
I am configuring a new Oracle 9.2 server for a Windows 2003. This server has 6 GB available memory. I have not worked with VLM before. This is a multipurpose database with approximately 20 GB data in it. What will the good values for SGA components like

large_pool_size
java_pool_size
db_block_buffers
etc.
If any body can email me a copy of a sample parameter file with large SGA configuration, I would really appreciate it. Also any documentation for 4GB RAM TUNING will highly appreciated. Thanx in advance. Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 16:00:38 CST