NOARCHIVELOG and rollback segments

From: John <jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 10:25:43 -0800

Hi group,

  1. Does NOARCHIVELOG offer any performance benefits other than saving on the archived redo logs - and maybe the extra I/O associated with archiving these logs? Let's say my redo log is 1G, can you expect any significant performance by running in NOARCHIVELOG mode?
  2. Can a transaction span more than one rollback segment?
  3. For a rollback segment contains 4 extents. Ext 1 contains committed data. Ext 2 contains uncomitted data. Ext 3 contains committed data. If data on Ext 2 remains uncommitted, will the data on Ext 3 ever get overwritten?

Thanks!

John Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 12:25:43 CST