ORA-27101: Shared Memory Does Not Exist

From: Keith A. Jakubowski <kjakubowsk_at_aol.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 10:50:11 -0600

Can anyone help me?

I am currently working towards the 2nd certification exam and I am now having a problem. I have been using Oracle 8i and I just recently upgraded to Oracle 9i. The Oracle 9i installation was successful and my database converted over fine. After the installation I was able to use SQL*Plus and everything was fine. I was able to log in and was able to access all of my tables. However, I rebooted my PC today (first time since the installation) and I am now getting the following error when trying to log on to SQL*Plus:

ORA-01034: Oracle not available
ORA-27101: Shared memory does not exist

I can't log in and I can't figure out how to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My PC specs are:

Gateway Laptop
OS: Windows XP Home
Processor: P4 2.00 GHz
Memory: 256 MB RAM

Thanks.

Keith Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 10:50:11 CST