Re: IMPORT - how many passes?

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:46:04 GMT

> Ok, but what happens to the SYS and SYSTEM schemata of
> the database I'm importing into? and the performance views and all
> that stuff?

SYS objects won't be exported. And you really shouldn't try. SYSTEM objects will get exported and imported though. Your performance views and all that stuff are owned by SYS. They won't get exported, hence they won't get imported.

> And what requirements must that database fulfil? Is the "create database"
> statement enough or must I run catalog.sql too?

You'll want to run CATALOG.SQL and CATPROC.SQL. This sets up the V$ views, DBA_, USER_, ALL_ views, etc. And you'll want these set up since the OP was also doing a db upgrade at the same time. The old views won't be valid under the new version.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com