Re: Using Oracle Replication To Move A New Production Database

From: Robert D. Perry <rdperry_at_gowebway.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2003 20:30:37 -0800

Thanks for the suggestions Brian. We did not consider Standby because it requires making a cold copy of our current database. Management does not want to take a chance of the problem following us.

I'll explore transportable tablespaces & LogMiner further.

If we use replication, will we be able to gracefully turn off replication?

Thanks