DB backup 9.2.0.4 , rman and arcserve

From: Torsten Reichert <torsten_at_treicher.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2003 18:55:12 -0800

We are trying to use Arcserve 9 and its Oracle Backup agent with RMAN. We configured the RMAN oracle configuration in Arcserve but the rman job is constantly failing with this errorstack:

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS

RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on edmptape channel at 11/04/2003 13:34:27
ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="b_1sf5jlj1_1_1", parms=""
ORA-27007: failed to open file
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:

   SBT error = 7009, errno = 59018000, sbtopen: can't connect with media manager

Oracle support says we have to look at the media layer. But there is not much to look. We enabled tracing but basically the same error is displayed in the agent trace.

Is there anyone out there that got this successfully to work and can give us a hint what we doing wrong here.

The database and actually the whole server was restarted after the installation of the arcserve agent. Received on Tue Nov 04 2003 - 20:55:12 CST