Re: 8.0.5 client to Oracle9i

From: Phillip Tien <tienp_at_wholefoods.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:20:18 -0600

I've seen instances where connecting an older client to a newer database yields weird results. Can it connect? Yes, it can. Is it as reliable as using a 9i client? Probably not. At least not in my experience. My philosophy is always use the latest and great client to connect to a database, even if that database is older than the client (i.e. 9i client to connect to 8i database, but not vice versa).

--
Phillip