Re: Installing oracle 9i with microsoft active directory

From: Daniele <jeckyll_at_virgilio.it>
Date: 4 Nov 2003 04:00:17 -0800

pheonix1t <dangeru98dousdt_at_ATsbcglobal.DOTnet> wrote in message news:<4Eypb.29$HM5.27906221_at_newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>...
> Daniele wrote:
> > Hi all
> > I'm tryng to intagrate my oracle 9i database with active directory.
> > I have just created the database, and now I have to enable the active
> > directory schema modification to permit to Oracle net configuration
> > assistance to create a oracle schema. But, when I start oracle net ca
> > and set the configuration for utilizing the directory, after promting
> > the "create schema" an error occurs.
> > The error window says:
> > ConfigException: Could not create Oracle schema:
> > oracle.net.config.ConfigException. You must update the schema from a
> > computer which directly supports your type of directory.
> >
> > Does anybody know how can I avoid this problem?
> >
> > thanks a lot
> have you looked on OTN for this issue? I haven't come across a
> situation where I had to integrate oracle into AD, I made oracle read
> the AD datastore but not write to it.

Hi pheonix

Thank for your reply
I have not found any issue in OTN about this error. What do you mean when you say I made oracle read the AD datastore but not write to it? Did you do any extra configuration more than enable the schema changes in the AD server? Such as managing file WINNT/SYSTEM32/DRIVER/HOSTS ? In http://www-wnt.gsi.de/oragsi/8_1.html there is this problem, there is written that you must set HOSTS file in ADS, but I don't understand why? Windows 2000 network works with DNS.

Thanks
By
Daniele Received on Tue Nov 04 2003 - 06:00:17 CST