Re: RAC Test System

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:37:48 +1100

"andi" <andihp_at_flashmail.com> wrote in message news:16ce60f4.0311031731.66f65b3f_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi Howard,
> Would you mind sharing your experience on how to setup RAC on single
> node by using 1 physical harddisk drive on a RH Linux 9 PC please?
> Or maybe you could refer me to any web/documentation on it.
>
> TIA,
> Andi

I'm afraid I can't, though I wish I could. I was in the middle of writing a paper about it for inclusion on www.dizwell.com. But for reasons I can't yet disclose, that paper is now on hold.

But in general terms, make friends with VMware and learn how to create raw partitions in Red Hat.

Sorry for the mystery.

Regards
HJR

> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:
>
> > A RAC is merely two or more instances managing the one Oracle database.
Who