Connecting to oracle on the network

From: Yousaf <noway_at_hose.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:56:43 +0000

Dear all,

I have an oracle 8i database server up and running on a windows2k server. My desktop machine is a Red Hat which also has an oracle 9i database up and running. I need to access 8i on win2k server from my Linux desktop machine.

Could anyone guide me throught the process of logging on to oracle on windows through SQL Plus on Linux?

Regards

--
Yousaf
Linux version 2.4.20-8