Re: startup failed, ora-1122

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 20:07:03 GMT

Did you restore your control file from a backup? The message is stating that your datafile and your control file are not in sync. More specifically, the control file is older than the datafile. You'll need to make sure that you recover your database, probably by recovering from this backup control file. But hopefully, you'll make sure that this is exactly what you want to do before proceeding.

HTH,
Brian

yls177 wrote:

> did a startup. got the below
>
> ORA-01122: database file 7 failed verification check
> ORA-01110: data file 7: '/oracle/SID/data10/myfile/myfile.data1'
> ORA-01207: file is more recent than controlfile - old controlfile
>
> select * from v$recover_file;
> got 15 rows selected.
>
> what can i do to get it started up?

Brian Peasland