need advice for getting access to data stored in ISAM

From: pheonix1t <dangeru98dousdt_at_ATsbcglobal.DOTnet>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 04:18:59 GMT

http://www.medicalmanager.com/services/specs.htm

hello,
I'm working on a new project and need to find out about using oracle to get access into a medical application's datastore. This vendor uses ISAM data store. (You can see the specs in the link above) So, after doing a search on OTN for ISAM, I get results for the migration workbench reference guide for informix or ms access.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone here dealt with this? I haven't started reading the docs for the migration workbench yet, but I just wanted to know if I'm heading in the right direction before I spend hours reading about this stuff.
 From what I gather, I won't be able to use ODBC or something similar to read that ISAM datastore. There's a newer version of ISAM called D-ISAM http://www.isamcentral.com/ that could let you access it's data via unix or windows via several methods.
This sounds cool...but that's not what I'll be working with.

So far from what little research I've done, my best shot is getting into that ISAM datastore and exporting it to some sort of text file, then importing that file dump into oracle.

Thanks,

Oskar Received on Sun Nov 02 2003 - 22:18:59 CST