Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Re: Unable to open database after instance failure with ORA-00600 internal error and management operations on LMT before the failure

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:59:53 -0800

Sergey Adamenko wrote:

>Hello, ALL.
>
>Recently I had instance failure and since then I'm unable to open the
>database. I tried some actions to bring database online but nothing
>helped. I'm not worried about loss of data. I have only several
>questions related to the accident:
>1. Can anything else be done to recover the database?
>2. Had anyone unexpected errors then altering locally managed
> tablespaces (LMT) offline or execution ALTER TABLE MOVE
> from/to LMT<->DMT?
>3. Does anyone recommend NOT using LMT in 8.1.7.4?
>

>Configuration of server is as follows:
>| DB Version: Oracle EE 8.1.7.4.1
>| OS: Windows 2000 AS SP4
>| Database purpose: Developer DB
>| Database mode: NOARCHIVELOG
>
>Instance of the server unexpectedly terminated with
>ORA-00600: internal error.
>
><snipped>

You can stop right there. An ORA-00600 is an unhandled error in the Oracle software.
Open a iTAR at http://metalink.oracle.com.

If you don't have support ... consider prayer ... then apply any newer patches or consider
a complete reinstallation (which may not solve the problem).

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu