Re: Trigger "AFTER LOGON ON SCHEMA" never works.

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 07:40:33 GMT

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:57:28 -0500, mcstock wrote:

> mark sure the hidden parameter _SYSTEM_TRIG_ENABLED is not set to FALSE (see
> MetaLink Note:68636.1 )

Make sure you don't touch undocumented parameters unless oracle told you so. I hate playing with underscores in vain hope that something might get better if you add a wing of a bat, a feather of a black rooster, snake tooth and a hidden parameter. Stir counterclockwise, on Friday at midnight and your performance will improve dramatically. That parameter is set to true by default and you don't need to touch it. When you're recommending playing with the undocumented parameters so lightheartedly, I'm sure you know how to check it? I don't need to describe x$ksspi and x$ksppcv?

Other then that, this parameter only needs to be set during upgrade operations, so playing with that parameter may only mess up the database. Trigger is syntactically incorrect and contains "commit" command. Parameters in general and especially the undocumented ones are the last place where one should look when in doubt. The first one is Tom Kyte's book (Expert 1 on 1).

--
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
(http://www.despair.com/meetings.html)