hp vs sun for oracle

From: Rubin Farr <vcovco_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 06:04:49 -0500

Hello all. My company has decided to go with the comprehensive suite of oracle apps and we now need to choose a hardware platform. We are considering all options. From what I have researched thus far, however, we are laning toward hp-ux. Sun is also another strong contender.

I was wondering what everyone else is running on production as far as a unix flavor (wintel is out for us.)

I would definitely appreciate any links or reviews that you might know of that could show objective reasons for choosing one platform over another, and definitely welcome opinions from those who have experience across several unix platforms.

Thanks in advance! Received on Sat Nov 01 2003 - 05:04:49 CST