Re: Deleting statistics speeds up server?

From: Tom Dyess <tdyess_at_dysr.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:09:37 -0500

The migration that usually takes 4 hours to run took 20, GUI tasks took significantly (multiples) longer - all select queries at that point minus comparitavely miniscule internal application auditing.

We usually build the Oracle box for the clients running Win2k and we do the install, set the tuning params and everything. It's always worked fine. We have a few unix clients but we require them to do the install since we don't support unix. Other unix clients run fine as well. This particular one doesn't. We set our parameters the same on their oracle instance as well with SGA adjustments under proportionate to the extra memory they have (4x more than we require), but more than our "official" parameters. Do you think a small SHM_MAX setting in the kernel would cause that?